If you don't have the REXBOX then simply go to the downloads page.
- Please sign the guestbook as a thank you, if you do download it, or if you wish to donate a small amount use the make a donation button, found on a majority of the web pages.
Anyway on with the mini tutorial.
Just remember that this applies to any REX file that you may have, though the tutorial applies only to the REXBOX files included within it.
Just a final note or two:
- Unlike the Instant Drummer, REX files are not streamed on RiffWorld, though a trick that I sometimes use: before any instruments are recorded - I MIX TO RIFF any drum pattern I have created with the REX PLAYER, This then becomes a bounced layer.
- If you intend to use the Instant Drummer, in unison, remember to switch off the Instant Drummer, before you MIX TO RIFF, so only the REX PLAYER files are bounced down.
- If you use any of the files which are not 4/4, remember that some of the instant drummers will not play in unison at all, though if that is what you want, then I am not here to say what is right and wrong. 6/8 against 4/4 will create some very odd poly rhythms, though 6/8 against 12/8 or 3/4 will work in most beats. All I can say again is experiment.
- Most of the music you hear on this site uses both the REX PLAYER and the INSTANt DRUMMER, in unison, so it should give you an insight of what is possible.